Unemployment figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics show an increase of 600,000 during April attributed to Coronavirus.
- Legend Mining’s Mawson prospect within Rockford project drill results are in. Results have shown two significant nickel-copper sulphide zones in one particular drill hole. Managing Director Mark Wilson said “These results support Legend’s previous statements that Mawson is a large mineralised system. The 21.6m intercept from hole 11 is material in both width and grade. “The new air core assay results received, point to a developing story northeast of the current diamond drilling programme with air core hole RKAC744 a few hundred metres from the collar of diamond hole 11.” Continued diamond drilling targeting extensions and infill air core drilling are still on the horizon for Legend for the Mawson prospect
- Additional nickel and cobalt prospects have been identified at Sconi, North Queensland with Australian Mines. 14 nickel and cobalt exploration target areas have been identified and a possible update to Mineral Resource and life span could take place.
- The Chairman of RPMGlobal has resigned – Allan Brackin. Mr Brackin has resigned from his Chairman and also non executive director role with the technology company. RPM Managing Director Richard Mathews said “On behalf of both Ross and I and the RPM business as a whole, we would like to express our heartfelt thanks to Allan for his stewardship and highly-valued contribution to chairing the Board over the last eight and a half years.” RPMGlobal provides the provision and development of mining software solutions, advisory services and professional development to the mining industry.
- Milling operations close to Kalgoorlie Boulder are in high demand. The Lakewood mill in Boulder is fully booked until at least 2021, while Paddington has a larger company signed up until the new year as well. ALT Resources has sought milling availability asFind Gold Deposit is scheduled to start operating in July 2020, however with capacity at Lakewood not available, ALT has sought processing at Paddington, this was approved, however now ALT has been advised this is not possible due to a contract to a larger company. The demand for milling capacity is high based on current gold prices, while the short term lack of availability for milling is adding costs to toll treatment cost per ore tonne. ALT will not commence mining without a contract milling operation solution.
- Bluescope has been the latest large company affected by cyber incident. The incident has taken place at one of the companies United States businesses According to Chief Financial Officer Tania Archibald, “We are taking this event extremely seriously. Our people are working diligently to protect and restore our systems, and we are working with external providers to assist us. Our focus remains on being able to service our customers and to maintain safe and reliable operations,” Ms Archibald said.