COVID-19 cases set to be announced to be over 700 in Victoria, ASX rises on opening and Boeing phases out production of 747 jumbo.
- FMG provide their results for the Q4 and FY20. Record iron ore shipments of 47.3 million tonnes were recorded for the quarter and FY20 guidance was exceeded. FMG maintained a leading cost position of US$ 12.94/wmt. Chief Executive Elizabeth Gaines says “This was an outstanding performance which underpinned the operational excellence we delivered in FY20, particularly during a quarter when we implemented a range of measures in response to COVID-19. I am very proud of the team’s commitment and cooperation during this time which has sustained our contribution to the Western Australian and national economies through the reliable and secure supply of iron ore to our customers.
- Grades up to 20.6 g/t Au have been reported by Middle Island Resources in assays from drilling of 44 new holes on Middle Island’s Old Town Well deposit within its Sandstone Gold Project in WA. Phase 2 drilling results for the remaining three new satellite deposits are anticipated to be reported in coming weeks.
- Godolphin Resources announce drilling is to commence at Copper Hill East as soil assay results confirm & define strong gold-copper & copper anomalism located approximately 35 km north of Orange in NSW. The Phase 1 RC drill program is to commence in August 2020, which will test the gold-copper anomaly in the north of CHE for porphyry gold-copper style mineralisation and the native copper zone to the south.
- High-grade intersection and visible gold at Apollo Hill as Saturn Metals report that ongoing RC drilling at Apollo Hill has returned significant new intersections, with highlights of 5m @ 32.6 g/t Au from 301m, Including 3m @ 54.2g/t Au from 301m within, 9m @ 18.2g/t Au from 301m. The result from this intersection is amongst the best intersections seen to date at Apollo Hill, and contains the highest-grade individual assay ever returned from the project being 1m @ 128.5g/t Au from 301m. Managing Director Ian Bamborough said: “The latest assay results continue to highlight the potential to improve both the scale and quality of the Apollo Hill gold system.”
- Multiple high priority targets identified at Yass Gold Project following geological and geophysical data review. Celsius Resources Limited has identified ten priority gold targets within its 100% owned Yass Gold Project in the Lachlan Fold Belt region of NSW, Australia. Chairman Bill Oliver said, “The Lachlan Ford Belt is an increasingly active exploration region due to the exciting gold deposits which have recently been discovered. We are pleased to be able to generate some high-quality targets within the region at both the Yass and Cullarin West projects.”