Rio Tinto is set to release it’s half-year profits after market close today, CIMIC Group are in advance talks for a potential sale of a 50% stake in Thiess and the banks instructed to reduce dividends.
- St Barbara release its Q4 and FY20 report, indicating an increase in gold production from the previous financial year with 108,612 ounces (Q3 Mar FY20: 91,547 ounces), and a consolidated gold production of 381,887 ounces (in line with guidance of 370,000 to 400,000 ounces) for the year.
- Alto Metals hit more high-grade gold at the Lord Nelson Sandstone Gold Project in WA, highlights from recent drilling include 12m @ 5.0g/t gold from 244m. A further five RC holes of the company’s initial 1,500m infill drilling program have been received, with highlights of 28m @ 3.1 g/t gold from 228m (including 12m @ 5.0 g/t gold from 244m). These latest results followed up on the previous high-grade gold results from the primary zone of mineralisation beneath the pit announced in late April of this year.
- Pantoro Limited has commenced drilling at the Maybell Mining Centre, the last of the identified phase one start up mining targets. Initial results from shallow drilling from the Lord Percy Deposit (located to the northeast of the main Maybell Deposit) are extremely encouraging. It highlights a shallow high-grade lode system, the intercepts from surface to 60 metres depth include 4m @ 13.58 g/t Au and 1.10 m @ 13.40 g/t Au.
- Middle Island Resources Limited announced significant assays from new McIntyre satellite gold deposit in WA. These results are emerging from the Company’s Phase 2 reverse circulation drilling campaign at the company’s Sandstone gold project in Western Australia. The new results complement those derived from Phase 1 RC drilling at McIntyre, including highlights of 24m @ 1.66g/t, 23m @ 1.40g/t, 11m @ 1.39g/t and 18m @ 1.35g/t Au.
- Chalice Gold’s maiden diamond drill program at the Pyramid Hill Gold Project confirms a large gold system at the Karri Prospect, providing new drill targets for the next phase of exploration in Victoria. All six initial diamond drill holes at the Karri Prospect intersected tightly folded, upright stratigraphy and primary gold mineralisation and indicate that the potential for a tier-1 scale gold system.