Todays morning news bites – GOLD HITS A NEW RECORD HIGH!! The gold price hit a high of over $1954US/oz ~ $2733AUD
- Musgrave Minerals Ltd is pleased to report assay results for a further five reverse circulation drill holes and the first five diamond drill holes from the current program at the new Starlight gold discovery at Break of Day. Drilling continues to confirm the high-grade nature of the Starlight and White Light gold discoveries, with results from the RC drilling at Starlight delivering strong gold intercepts including a highlight of 14m @ 191.1g/t Au (3m @ 884.7g/t Au from 5m including; 1m @ 2,518.8g/t Au from 6m). According to Managing Director Rob Waugh, “Starlight continues to produce stunning gold results in near-surface drilling. Further RC drilling is underway to infill and extend the Starlight mineralisation with the aim of completing a JORC resource update late in Q3 2020. Diamond drilling is also continuing to test for depth extensions of the high-grade Starlight lode below 250 vertical metres and to further define the White Light lode. We anticipate having four drill rigs on site by mid August.”
- RareX Limited has commenced at its 100%-owned Cummins Range Rare Earths Project in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia. The commencement of drilling marks an important milestone for the Company and the project as this is the first time it has been drilled since 2011, and aims to complete over 6,000m of RC drilling in the coming months. RareX Executive Director Jeremy Robinson said, “We are confident that this program will deliver the results required to advance Cummins Range as a significant rare earth asset in Australia at a time of increasing geopolitical tensions and strong forecast demand growth for rare earth permanent magnets.”
- Xantippe Resources moves forward with the development of the proposed phase 2 drilling programme to further explore the recently acquired Southern Cross Gold Project, located south of the town of Southern Cross, Western Australia.
- Australian gold and nickel company, Rox Resources Limited is providing an update on exploration activities at Youanmi in the OYG JV area. In conjunction with its joint venture partner Venus Metals Corporation Limited, Managing Director Alex Passmore says, “Grace continues to deliver impressive, high-grade results. I am particularly excited by the extent of mineralisation encountered in drill hole RXRC292 which demonstrates that not only does Grace carry very high gold grades, with 49 metres of mineralisation intersected there is potential for significant tonnages to be delineated.”
- Gateway Mining Limited has entered into a tenement sale agreement for the sale of its Sylvania Project Exploration Licences in the Sylvania Inlier area of Western Australia. The divestment is part of the Company’s strategy of crystallising value from its portfolio of non-core exploration assets while maintaining a strong focus on ongoing gold exploration and development activities at its flagship 100%-owned Gidgee Gold Project.